Habitual April: Day 24 - "Going strong."

Today: 362 words.


Pointless caption is pointless.
I have actually written every day for nearly a week now, and I am just on the cusp of hitting 40,000 words. This is a huge milestone for me -- it signifies the minimum halfway point, where hopefully things start to feel more like they are progressing towards some end.

When I do pass that point tomorrow, I would like to do something to celebrate.

My current plan is to host a Q&A session like Mood did some time ago, where you guys comment asking me anything you want about writing, what I do with myself, my favourite books, how I approach something, advice on any troubles you're having (within reason) and that kind of thing. But I'm not sure it'd turn out the same.

If you have any other ideas for some kind of blog celebration, something just for fun, post it in the comments and we'll see what we come up with.

I'm not cool enough to do Six Sentence Sunday, but I've decided to try a regular Sample Sunday for the Dark Corner. The first entry can be found below this post, or under Sample Sunday.

I've also felt particularly unuseful the past while, so I want bring back some "On Writing" posts and some "Fantasy World Building" posts. A new "On Writing" post on revising can be found below. Someone searched "writing pacing" and found my blog, apparently, but I don't think they found any posts on pacing. So I'm going to write a fresh one. It's been more than a year since I wrote the last one anyway. Someone was also searching about building a mythology, so I think I'd like to explore that a bit more, which will help me develop my own mythology in turn.

See you guys soon.

posted under |

1 comments:

Botanist said...

Wow! Look at that graph climb. I used a graph to track my progress while I was writing my novel, and I found it helped with motivation so I feel excited seeing this! Well done - and keep going.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Welcome to The Dark Corner of the Mind. My name is Ryan Sullivan and my aim with this blog is to help others with their own writing, as well as to make note of some of my own writing endeavours.

Here at The Dark Corner, Real Life is both our best friend and our worst enemy. Look to him for inspiration, but don't let him get in the way too much.

If he does, bribe him with cookies.

Mailing list for new books by Ryan Sullivan


Click for Amazon page!

Three Bridges

Total Pageviews


Recent Comments