Habitual April: Day 25 - "Taking a night's break."

Yep. Even more than writing, I need to take a break, so tonight I'm going to catch up with some sleep. But I won't be trying to "catch up" with any writing tomorrow. I know where that's led me in the past. I'll be jumping right back on the horse tomorrow, with my next 200+ words. I'll still be very much on track to hit 5,000 words by the end of the month.

The real challenge in the next few days and the coming weeks will be trying to work writing into my days regularly while also keeping ahead with homework and getting enough sleep. I think the trick lies in getting the homework done when I get it, or some days before it's due, and that's something I have to work on.

posted under |

3 comments:

MJ said...

It's always good to take a break and recharge! Good luck with the homework. :)

Angela Ackerman said...

Hi Ryan,

so glad my post helped you. My blog is still a work in process, but I do enjoy sharing what I've learned along the way.

Enjoy your break--they are so important to keep up motivated and creative!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Ryan Sullivan said...

Thank you, guys. :)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Welcome to The Dark Corner of the Mind. My name is Ryan Sullivan and my aim with this blog is to help others with their own writing, as well as to make note of some of my own writing endeavours.

Here at The Dark Corner, Real Life is both our best friend and our worst enemy. Look to him for inspiration, but don't let him get in the way too much.

If he does, bribe him with cookies.

Mailing list for new books by Ryan Sullivan


Click for Amazon page!

Three Bridges

Total Pageviews


Recent Comments