Revising: Chapter One rewritten

I'll probably continue to be rather inactive while I work through revisions, but I'll keep you updated as I move through the chapters.

Through the last several chapters of the first draft, Chapter One was going to be completely rewritten, but I wouldn't allow myself to work on it until the first draft was completely done.

Now Chapter One's finished, and I like it a lot more than the original version.

From here on in it shouldn't be too hard to delete scenes, change details and rewrite parts of scenes as needed. I'd like to get through four to six chapters every week while I'm focusing on just the content.

See you soon!

posted under |

2 comments:

Julia Hones said...

It's good to read an up-date of your writing life, Ryan. I was wondering about your absence...

Ryan Sullivan said...

Thanks, Julia. It's nice to know people are still around despite my absences. :)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Welcome to The Dark Corner of the Mind. My name is Ryan Sullivan and my aim with this blog is to help others with their own writing, as well as to make note of some of my own writing endeavours.

Here at The Dark Corner, Real Life is both our best friend and our worst enemy. Look to him for inspiration, but don't let him get in the way too much.

If he does, bribe him with cookies.

Mailing list for new books by Ryan Sullivan


Click for Amazon page!

Three Bridges

Total Pageviews


Recent Comments